It is a strange blogger phenomenon, but for some reason people always comment when you write about food.
Heartbreak, troubles, moving, whatever: The comment world is dead, but chuck in some nonsense about food, and it all stirs up. Very very odd indeed. I can’t explain it.
Fantastic Invented Recipe 1.]
I developed this recipe, [thats right, developed. with great thought, care, planning and completely self-funded] because I really wanted banana fritters but couldn’t be arsed to actually fry them.
So heres what you do.
1. Buy a banana.
2. Peel it [yes, thats right, you peel it]
3. Stick it in a microwavable bowl.
4. Dump a bunch of sugar on it. Lots of sugar. You want to sugar to caramelize in the microwave.
5. Stick it in for about 30 secs. Maybe 45
6. A really interesting thing happens to the banana in the micro.
7. First all the sugar melts, then the inside of the banana starts to bubble and tiny beads of perspiration appear on its
surface, but it still holds its shape together. However as soon as you turn off the heat the entire thing implodes on itself.
8. But it still tastes fantastic.
9. Trust me. It really does.
Fantastic Experimental Recipe 2.]
1. Buy a banana
2. Peel it [yes, yes you peel it again, you always fucking peel it]
3. Wrap it in cling film.
4. Stick it in a bowl [it doesn’t have to be microwaveable but it helps.]
5. Freeze for 4 hours
6. Remove and eat.
7. Apparently it tastes like banana ice-cream
[a vaguely reliable source said that his sister made him try it and it was surprisingly good.]
8. If you are really adventurous you can freeze it and then try and microwave it and see what happens.