I have decided to become more active in my complaining.
Leo and I wrote a whole list of complaints down in his note-book (we were drinking at the time), which we never ended up sending. Those are at the bottom of the post.
These are some complaints I’ve made over the last quarter or so….
HMRC online has a ‘ask a question box’, so this was my question:
Friday, 06 August 2010 at 20:06
“I find this repayment on account/future payment of tax thing totally confusing.
Why is this system so complicated? I feel like I’m playing ping-pong between my bank & HMRC.
I have no idea what’s going on, even when I look at the numbers it makes no sense. Just take my tax when you have to instead of on this date, then this other date for the future tax, oh wait it’s too much, oh wait now its too little.
This is not really a question. Please just simplify this system. It’s insane.”
My Complaint to Nisbets Kitchen Suppliers:
With about 10 typos – I was that angry.
I’m having some serious problems with your site :
- I made an order – when the order went through the subsequent page was blank and gave no confirming details that the order had gone though
- I recieved no confimation asking me to verify my account – so I can only assume anyone can create an account and use it, using anyones else email address and it will never be verified?
- I have not received an email reciept of my transaction
- The transaction I made does not show up on my account details online
- I called yesterday and it was confirmed that the transaction was made and that I should recieve a reciept
I’m sorry to say I find the shopping experience on your site dissapointing for the reasons above and would not use it again.
My account no. is PRO2388674. The PDF of the order I made attached below
A dissatisfied customer.”
To the UK Border Agency:
Notice my deferential and polite manner. This is because the UK Border agency hates people and especially hates foreigners. They don’t want us here. They hate handing out visas. They only do so grudgingly. If they can find an excuse to decline a visa by golly they will.
On 24 August 2010 19:54
There seems to be an error on page 17 of the Tier 2 (General) Application Forms on the links below.
(Screen Grab Attached)
Application Form – Pg 17 – Biometric ID Information:
- I do not have a biometric ID nor was I asked to provide one last year.
- The website states that only once you apply for a visa will you be sent an invitation letter to enrol for a biometric ID
- Both forms on the pages linked below do not allow for any answer that is not “Lost, Stolen, Expired or Elsewhere”
- “Elsewhere in the UK border agency” points to a question that is for “Lost”
- This seems to be an error.I hope it will be fixed soon.Kind Regards.”
Below: Some of Leo and my irate letters. I was delegated to write most of them because Leo, like any good writer who drinks can’t hold a pen straight and if he does his handwriting is completely illegible (see scan 4, on the left in red).