Quick survey – help! Need to update portfolio desperately
Q1. On a portfolio website should you allow comments?
– Or should it just be work
– no direct page feedback?
– If so why? (just out of curiosity)
Q2. Some design work (maybe even most esp recent work) may need to go behind password protected page links
– is that a problem for users?
– would you email to ask to see private links?
– or not bother at all?
Q3. I’m currently using a WP theme (see link) so you update by adding new work in new posts, each dated. The home has only 20 most recent, or most relevant.
– Is the dating and archive system in blogs not good for portfolios? (however having new posts means higher hit rate)
– should there only be a limited amount of work that isn’t ever posted on a particular “date” ?
Q4. Would it be better to buy one of the behance-type pro sites (no date) or stick with what I’ve got. (Tots free vs premium annual price).
– I’m thinking no for now, but some aspects of a WP blog/site are aggravating.